Only one week to go until Broadchurch series 2 starts! Today’s daily post includes an article about Eve from Wales Online, and a couple of other reports on the new series…
‘Broadchurch is back… And we have everything you need to know about new girl Eve Myles’
Here is the article that Wales Online wrote about Eve – this was mentioned in yesterday’s post also!
We’ve been flying the flag for Eve Myles since she first appeared on our TV screens at the turn of the millennium in BBC Wales’ Belonging.
But she’s come a long way from the fictional Welsh valleys town of Bryncoed where she played single mum Ceri.
Since then, she’s wowed us in popular series like Torchwood and Frankie and now she’s about to be taken to a much wider audience when she is one of the new cast members in the hottest thing on the box – yes, that will be Broadchurch.
So what do we know about her Broadchurch character?
Absolutely nothing – other than the fact she’s called Claire Ripley.
The producers of the series – which stars David Tennant and Olivia Colman as DI Alec Hardy and DS Ellie Miller respectively – are remaining tight-lipped about the latest happenings in the coastal town which was shattered by the murder of a boy in series one.
Eve is featured in the trailer for the series two, which is believed to follow the case of two missing girls, but it doesn’t really tell us much.
Wearing a dark top, she says, ‘Tell her,’, seemingly to Tennant’s character in the presence of Colman. In later scenes she is looking upset on the telephone, but it’s not clear why,
So she could be anything from the mother of one of the girls to a new detective or a social worker or journalist. Perhaps she’s a new resident or even a relative of one of the cops.
You can read the full article here.
Latest Articles & Reports
- Wales Online – ‘Broadchurch star Olivia Colman reveals how Eve Myles taught her bad jokes’
- The Guardian – ‘Broadchurch returns for series two: will you be watching?’
- Gloucestershire Echo – ‘Hit drama Broadchurch returns – find out what’s in store for the new series’
- Wales Online – ‘Broadchurch facts: When’s it back, where can I see it and just how popular is it?’
- Gloucester Citizen – ‘Broadchurch is back – but what’s in store for the new series?’
- Western Morning News – ‘Broadchurch is back – and West Dorset’s stunning coast remains one of its stars says David Tennant’